PV Panels Recycling
Recycling Technology and Recovering Service for end-of-life Solar Modules
Solar PV Modules Recycling Machine
What to do with end-of-life PV Panels? Let’s Collect, Recover and Recycle them!
Experia is actively working on development of technology to recycle second-hand solar modules to avoid landfill disposal and to find new industrial reuse of photovoltaic material components.
Would you like to start your PV modules recycling plant or would you like to dispose correctly your old PV modules of your photovoltaic park?
We have the solution for you!
CONTACT US to get more information, for technical specification and to get a quotation.
We provide turn-key system for the recycling of crystalline PV panels.
Our technology has been developed to recover all solar PV modules mono-crystalline and poly-crystalline made with mono facial glass.
The dismantling process separates glass, aluminum frames, junction boxes, plastics and metals, leaving silicon and metal residues to be treated.
The recycling system allows to recover over 90% of the solar modules, according to each panel specs.
Treatment Capacity: each machine is able to process up to 50 panels/h that means up to 1100 Kg/h of glass.
The automation is managed by industrial PC interfaced to PLC. The operators setup and control the process by a touch-screen panel.
1. The first machine takes-off the aluminum frames and the junction-box from the back of PV panels.
2. The second machine removes mechanically the glass from the solar laminates and allows to recover up to 90% of the solar glass of the photovoltaic panels. The glass is removed gradually without contamination with EVA and silicon.
3. The third process makes shredding and selection of the materials of the PV laminates, separating plastics, metals and a mixed powder that contain silicon and silver.
We are open to technology cooperation in order to improve the recycling and purity rate of our process. Our final target will be the re-use of silicon and the recovery of silver.
In the future we will potentially look at providing quality second hand modules, in consultation with our clients, for humanitarian projects that may not be able to afford new installations. In 2019 we tried to ship a container to prevent child hospital in Venezuela to get rid of electrical short-cut.
Do you sell / buy solar modules in the second hand market?
No we don’t. As circular economy philosophy, reusing second hand still working modules is a good idea, BUT:
There are a few reasons.
• We are primarily a technology developer company and this is how we have to operate. We develop machines that make value for our clients.
• Our customer’s aim is to get value from the resources that our technology recover and we have to make sure the products we receive do not pop back up in the field later.
• Currently the second hand market for PV modules is not regulated. A second hand PV module is still an electronic equipment and its manufacturer / reseller need to guarantee its performance and electrical safety. Actually there is not a standard and this means you have the potential to get an inferior product with performance and safety problems and with no product support.
• Supporting the new market helps PV modules manufactures to keep focus on providing innovative and most powerful products. Please remember that in some Countries PV manufacturers already pay an “eco-tax” that should be used to correctly dismantle the second-hand PV modules.